When I was developing scenario using AS2 adapter I didn’t have idea on how to Test AS2 Adapter in SAP PI. Then I come across a very good open source tool Mendelson AS2 software which can be used for End-to End testing of AS2 Adapter in SAP PI.
Mendelson AS2 software: is available free download in below link, http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=163866 It does not require local admin rights to install (runs with Java).
First step is download Mendelson AS2 from above link and install on your machines, Mendelson AS2 acts as a ‘client’ in order to simulate sending of messages via AS2, from external partners It Reduces dependency of functional experts on the technical resources when screening AS2 scenarios
- With this scenario will describe the setup for simulating GXS sending AS2 messages to ECC
- First we need to setup the sending partner details
- Select the ‘Partner’ icon and create the ‘GXS’ sending partner
- Enter the AS2 ID, which is used here to uniquely identify the sender.
Create receiver Partner
2. Enter the AS2 ID, which is used here to uniquely\identify the receiver
4. Select the ‘Send’ tab, and configure the required Receipt URL: URL will be address of PI server where we want to send the message. For example: http://<Host Name:Port>/SeeburgerAS2/AS2Server If required, you can define a “Payload subject” for this receiver (may be necessary for some scenarios)
Sending a message from GXS to ECC Dev
- Ensure that partner ‘GXS’ is defined as the ‘local station’ partner (tab ‘Misc’ on GXS partner)
- Select ‘File’ and then ‘Send to Partner’ from the menu
- Select ‘ECC Dev’ as the Receiver, then selecting the local file to send, and then click ‘OK’
Troubleshooting We will be posting more on How to troubleshoot AS2 Interface.. Stay Tuned